The SEO Phases
The SEO Phases
The SEO process can divide into six phases. These phases are: research, planning and strategy, implementation, monitoring, reassessment, and maintainance. We will discuss these phases in details.
Recommended Reading: Link Building For Your Website
The Research Phase
- This is the first phase of SEO process.
- Contains Different Type of Research like business research, competitor analysis, current state assessment and keyword research.
The Planning and Strategy Phase
- It gives answers of some fundamental phase.
- Iron out Several Strategies
- Strategies are: handling content, link building, social media and SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
- These are mostly rolled up as SEO plan.
The Implementation Phase
- After SEO plan improved, implementation phase can start.
- In implementation phase, you will implement the things which you have planned. On which things you want to work.
- This phase includes internal and external optimization.
- Internal Optimization has also two more types: On-page optimization and On-site optimization
You should read: Professional Search Engine Marketing
The Monitoring Phase
- You have needed to monitor all SEO strategies into this phase which you have planned.
- Need to monitor: Web Spider Activities, Referral Sites, Search Engine Rankings, Website Traffic, Conversions, Hacker Intrusions and more.
- These activities highly dependent on the analysis of your web server log.
- Monitoring tools including Webalizer, AWStats and WebLogExpert.
The Assessment Phase
- Uses the output of monitoring phase.
- Referred as Checkpoint Phase.
- SEO checkpoints can be defined on a monthly, quarterly, semiannual or yearly basis.
- Quarterly assessments are required.
- Can uncover many problems.
- Minor problems can handle in the maintenance phase.
The Maintenance Phase
- Major SEO work is done, and then you need to focus on website maintenance.
- Maintenance phase take care minor and major problems.
- Maintenance phase is similar to Implementation phase.
Tags: seo, search engine optimization, sem, search engine marketing, seo phases, seo plans, seo process, seo strategy